1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pentax K5 IIs.... sans AA filter

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by krugorg, Sep 10, 2012.

1. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Coming from someone on the brink of selling her K-5... and even if I wasn't... there is no reason to upgrade. If I was getting a new pentax and didnt already have one, I'd likely go for the K-30 instead. Its not vastly different to the K-5 (the "s" without AA of course is, but the II? nope) so... I dunno. Less than impressed. Don't want to visit PF at the moment, there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth over the lack of a "K-3" or Full frame.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    No kidding. When I used to shoot Pentax I stopped going there because of the FF thing. It was horrible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Yeah, I only drop in over there on occasion, to catch the "drift". I could never understand why "rail" on Pentax for no FF, when there are other brands, with very good FF models. Is Pentax a religion, or a piece of machinery. Pentax is good, but not that much better. I actually still have a couple of Pentax lenses, that I keep, just in case. K5 ?, probably not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'm with Sue. For the price difference between the K-30 and the new version of the K5, the actual differences between the camera don't justify it. If I were to own a DSLR, it would be the K-30.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    if i were into big dslrs, id like the iiS
    but im not, so ill just look at the photos and think how pretty the lenses are on it :)

7. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    PF is just too stressed out for me. I still get emails from the PDML (in their own folder) and like it very much. It reminds me of the this forum, but I've belonged for about 10 years so it's old friends.

8. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    You have higher goals Sue, no gnashing, just a slight nibbling of lip. Good for you btw for keeping focus on your target. :)

• Like Like x 1