1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pentax lenses for NEX5N

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Country Parson, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Country Parson

Country Parson SC Top Veteran

Apr 5, 2011
    North Carolina
    Dan
    I just got a Cowboy Studio adapter to fit Pentax lenses to the NEX5N. The two lenses I have tried so far are the 43mm Ltd. f1.9 and the 77mm Ltd. f1.8. Both work fine with this setup. The adapter is rather large. That is it is larger than any pancake lens by itself, so the whole rig pushes the lens further out than one would hope. Nevertheless, with the help of the peaking feature, it focuses flawlessly. Here is one taken with the 77mm through chicken wire using peaking to get the rooster in focus and ignore the wire, a difficult task for auto focus.

NEX5PK7700191r.

The shutter speed was 1/60th at f1.8 and 320 ISO.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Do you like the peaking better on the NEX or GXR?

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Looks good - nice eye and feather detail.

4. Country Parson

Country Parson SC Top Veteran

Apr 5, 2011
    North Carolina
    Dan
    Armanius, I think the peaking is far better on the NEX, partly because of the color options it offers. I was photographing a family gathering last weekend and the table setting in the restaurant had lots of red. So I was able to change from red to yellow peaking and it made all the difference. As far as I can tell the GXR only offers white, and it is not as intense as the NEX. Again the NEX offers a setting to intensify the peaking and I have it turned up high.

• Like Like x 1