1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Serious Compacts and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/help/terms

[WTB] Pentax M 85 f2 (preferably EU)

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by snake, Jun 2, 2012.

1. snake

snake SC Regular

0   0   0

Oct 4, 2011
    I'm looking for one of these, hoping for it to be in ok condition.

I've got feelers out in some other forums.

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

0   0   0

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Keep an eye on ebay too. There was one there just a couple of weeks back. Can't remember how much, just more than I wanted to pay. May end up getting a Rokinon/Samyang etc. instead (or a Pentax FA77 Ltd)

3. snake

snake SC Regular

0   0   0

Oct 4, 2011
    Yep, I saw a couple here on fleabay that went for quite nice pricing, but I was away for the weekend, so couldn't monitor them. I got an offer on the german pentax forum, but the guy was obviously making an attempt at gouging. I could simply go and sacrifice some length and speed and gain AF by going DA70 as a better value.

I think the speed and FL of the 77 are great, but I can't justify the stunning price here in Germany. The Samyang is ok, but large. If I went manual, I'd sacrifice speed for the size and go for the M85.

The sigma 85 1.4 has become incredibly expensive, too. It appears that Europe got a silent price increase on the factory lenses and the other manufacturers followed. The Euro's massive troubles and devaluation are no help, either.