Pentax Q2 Rumor

Discussion in 'Pentax Q Forum' started by Biro, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    This rumor was published on the Pentax Forums site today:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/pentax-news-rumors/pentax-q2-rumor.html#page_1

It seems nice and I still have my Q-to-K adaptor and external OVF from my original Q that I sold off earlier this year. But if this Q2 still has no built-in EVF, then I'll probably let the adaptor and OVF go. Interchangeable lenses or not, technology and the market move on and the Q2 will have to be very good indeed to compete with the onslaught of new enthusiast compacts with one-inch sensors.

EDIT: If the administrators think this should be posted under the Pentax Q forum, feel free to move it.

2. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Of course, my thought was that cheap Q7 bodies might be available soon. :redface:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    And I think you'd be correct, sir! :wink:

4. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  5. leeosenton

leeosenton New to SC

Apr 16, 2013
    Hayes, Virginia
    Lee Osenton
    I miss my Q. I bought an E-PM2 and thought it would replace the Q. IQ is better but it doesn't have the same feel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Q10 for $169 with the zoom lens at Amazon. (Don't forget to use the SC link)

7. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I just thought to do a comparison between the original Q and the Panasonic GM1.

http://camerasize.com/compare/#190,491

They are almost exactly the same size. The mu43 lenses are wider but really not much longer. I have a Q and I'm astonished to think there is a mu43 body that size.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Actually, while the GM1 is half a millimeter wider, the body is actually a bit shorter and thinner than the Q. It's good to keep this in mind.

9. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Yeah, GM1 is on my shortlist. Would make a tiny, high quality kit with the Panny 14, Panny 20, and Oly 45. Wish it had hotshoe and mic input though.

Sigh, still no perfect camera...

10. leeosenton

leeosenton New to SC

Apr 16, 2013
    Hayes, Virginia
    Lee Osenton
  11. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Would buy the Q2 if there is a Q2/01 kit. I miss my old Q and the 01 prime.

12. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Pentax has done a unique thing with the Q, namely make a tiny camera still feel like a real camera, not a point-and-shoot on steroids, not like a computer with a lens. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but the fact that others have tried and failed shows that it's not as easy as it sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  13. leeosenton

leeosenton New to SC

Apr 16, 2013
    Hayes, Virginia
    Lee Osenton
    but...but...but I just opened the box from B&H with a shiny Panasonic 100-300mm lens so I can go to Redskins training camp tomorrow. I know RG3 is expecting me

14. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The Q-S1 is listed at Adorama for $399, body only. They seem to be getting much better idea of reasonable pricing. Some fun typos if you go looking. Not only can you get a 15-45 lens for free, but the S1 kit comes with a Q7. :smile:

15. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    This is very true. And yet, I'm a bit disappointed that the latest Q seems to be only a cosmetic makeover (and a good-looking camera it certainly is). If they didn't add an EVF, I'm sincerely wondering why we didn't get a better rear LCD. Where's the 1,230,000-dot screen with White Magic pixels like the Ricoh GR? At least make working without a viewfinder a better proposition.

16. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The big question is why buy one of these and not a discounted Q7.

17. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Exactly. A better rear LCD might have made the difference. So the Q7 makes more sense. Now, where to find a reasonably priced 01 prime?

18. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve