1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pentaxi holding collective breath..

Discussion in 'Pentax DSLR Forum' started by JKLso, Feb 4, 2015.

1. JKLso

JKLso SC Regular

Nov 24, 2014
    near Kelso WA USA
    jim
    PentaxForums has a countdown (currently 1hr 40min) to possible life-altering news for many Pentax owners. Several new 36×24 lenses are leaking specs as we speak, and the mythical camera to justify it may finally make an appearance to justify them - not just this decade but this year! :eek: No they really mean it this time. Honest.

In other similar news - NewCameraNews reports bizarre optimism in Pentaxica/

• Like Like x 2
  2. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I can't afford any of it anyway - even if it is real. But I can see the price of leftover K-3's dropping like a rock and that's good enough for me. :wink:

3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I had a Pentax camera of some flavor for over 40 years. That's hard core fan base.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I got to test an early pre-production model. I caught a fantastic frame of a unicorn, but then realized I had forgotten my memory card. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I want Olympus to make a digital full frame version of their wonderful 35SP from the film days -- or the RC, RD, etc -- a fixed lens rangefinder with a sharp lens around 40mm. They could even keep it manual focus - who needs auto focus with a real rangefinder. That's my dream, and I'll stick to it. About as likely as Luke's unicorn, though. They don't even have to make a full frame interchangeable lens system to make me happy. A digital 35SP -- oh, THAT would be heaven!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Please let it be so. I am so tired of seeing the garbage that is produced by Pentaxians with their existing cameras. If this is true I might be clicking "like" on a Pentax image for the first time ever!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  8. tonyturley

tonyturley SC Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    Nah, it's just another iteration of the Q. :biggrin:

9. SnapDawg

SnapDawg Rorschach Test Pilot

Apr 18, 2014
    Canary Islands
    Ken
    Count me in. Compared to what I've owned and shot back in the day every single digicam I've owned so far feels, handles and shoots like a compromise. Give me a OM1 or 2, F2 or 3, M2, ...same size and weight, with a modern 16-24MP Bayer CFA FF sensor, original set of controls (ASA>ISO dial), RAW only, NO AF/video/cheat screen/menu system/USB/Hdmi/.. and I'm set for good and will shut the .... up :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    I'm mainly thrilled the image circle is "big enuf for larger sensors". Where's my medium format Pentax?! Lol

11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
  12. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot