Personal Favorite Photograph for 2011

I don't know. There was a similar thread on a Ricoh specific forum and I had a hard enough time selecting one from my Ricoh shots. I came up with two and basically flipped a coin. But if I can use ANY of my cameras, I can't do it - I can get it down to my 10 favorite, MAYBE even top 5, but trying to pick one is like trying to pick the favorite of your children. You just can't do it. And probably shouldn't. So, in the interest of including SOMETHING in this thread, I'm gonna show the Ricoh shot that did NOT win the flip of the coin on the Ricoh forum. The two shots were both shots of families. The other was perhaps more interesting, showing an Amish family at an Atlantic City amusement park with lots of culture clash and disapproval showing all over the scene. This one is a Latino family in my hometown of West Chester, PA, taken about two blocks from where I live and there's no conflict or social commentary or anything else interesting. But I love this photograph - I feel like I almost know these people from this photo, with all of the love and pride and serenity that a family can provide. So, this isn't my ONE favorite, but its ONE OF my favorites, and that's the best I can do... I've shown it before - its on the cover of my 2011 photo book, but here it is again:

View attachment 47187

-Ray

Ricoh GXR 50mm Colour Efex Pro 4

Grainy, blurred and totally imperfect but my favourite this year and a good lesson regarding capture of the moment and not fussing so much about technicalities :rolleyes:

R0016313-Edit-2-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Grainy, blurred and totally imperfect but my favourite this year and a good lesson regarding capture of the moment and not fussing so much about technicalities :rolleyes:

Beautiful! I love the way the reflections in the water mimic/reflect her strands of hair and earrings. But the technical part matters too - if the water wasn't so nicely out of focus it wouldn't work nearly as well.

-Ray

Back