1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Pete and Indiscreet Street ......X100T with Metz 45 ct-4 Hammerhead

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Petach, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Yesterday; for the princely sum of £38.......I purchased the most outrageously indiscreet piece of street kit. Yep, I have plonked a Metz 45 CT-4 onto the left hand side of my X100T

Madness? Well, it serves a purpose. I now have a decent grip on the left of a camera for my tremulous left hand. It is hefty and gives me a much needed 1s or even 2s to lift, frame and shoot before it all goes to rats poo.

I even use the flash! I have an adapter on the hot shoe and in manual mode with leaf shutter I can shoot at 1/4000th at wide apertures. Again, the speed of the shutter assists to prevent or mitigate in some measure the tremor.

I also found it rather liberating. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. I strolled around the city, flash popping away and hardly anyone took notice.

Results to follow!

25744023732_fe864f1771_b. Indiscreet Street Kit .... by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Pete Gilden is it now? ;)

-Ray

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    maybe you could get some sort of shoulder-mounted bracket system to shed that last ounce of covertness. :rofl:

4. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    exactly.........my first thoughts on putting it all together. Bruce Gilden. But.....I hope...with more finesse and less pugnacity

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    and full camouflage pants/tunic, beret or forage cap, high leg boots and an outrageous swagger.

6. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Awesome! My friend used to shoot street with a Hassy and a friend holding a softbox strobe on a boom. Got some great stuff.

Can't wait to see the results!

7. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    That is one cool looking rig!

8. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Thanks all for the interest. I enjoyed the challenge.

9. rayvonn

rayvonn SC Veteran

Jan 19, 2015
    Please take it on to the London photowalk, would love to see the results.