Phase one IQ250 is amazing

Landshark

PhotoDog
Name
Bob
I have been shooting with a Phase One IQ250 back on the Hassy for the last two months and it is incredible. the resolution, dynamic range and speed are remarkable, I think I have finally gotten to the camera that may make me forget I ever shot film. I just cannot get over how fast it shoots with incredible IQ even at high ISO. Other than size and cost I cannot come up with a reason to shoot with anything else for work.

I would expect a $35,000 digital back would be pretty mind blowing.

Again, a comparison to high end audio is probably fairly appropriate. There's nothing wrong with the $35,000 pair of loudspeakers, but the pair that is $3,500 does 95% of the same thing for 10% of the cost.

I would expect a $35,000 digital back would be pretty mind blowing.

Again, a comparison to high end audio is probably fairly appropriate. There's nothing wrong with the $35,000 pair of loudspeakers, but the pair that is $3,500 does 95% of the same thing for 10% of the cost.

For most I would agree but this just does things nothing else has done before, and as to the money these medium format digital backs have always been very expensive but it did not make them worth it, this one is

For most I would agree but this just does things nothing else has done before, and as to the money these medium format digital backs have always been very expensive but it did not make them worth it, this one is

I don't pay much attention to medium format digital backs. Is it just the maturation of digital sensor technology finally reached during this camera cycle for MF? I feel like most Medium format cameras/sensors are pretty long in the tooth (APS-C/m43 sensors seem to get updates every 6 months instead of every 8 years).

Back