Photo book about my hometown

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by ajramirez, Nov 30, 2012.

1. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    As some of you may know, I have been taking photos of my hometown, Caguas, Puerto Rico, for a few years now. Mostly, a mix of street portraits and architectural shots, with a bit of nature thrown in as well. I decided to organize them and put together a photo book with some of the better ones. My sister, Marianne Ramírez Aponte, who is the Executive Director of the Puerto Rico Museum of Contemporary Art, chose the final group of photos, designed the cover and layout of the book, and came up with the title.

The book's title is "Caguas, un ensayo fotográfico sobre el pueblo y su gente" which translates to "Caguas, a photographic essay on the town and its people".

The book was put together using Adoramapix.com, whom I have used in the past. Their books are printed on real photo paper and the quality is fantastic. I haven't received this one yet, but I trust it will look nice.

Here's the link to the book:

AdoramaPix - caguas

Thanks,

Antonio

• Like Like x 4
  2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    looks really good Antonio - your skill and good eye just shines through

• Like Like x 2
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    If I collected books, this one would be on my shelf. Your sister does nice work as well....the layout is great. Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Looks very nice, I quite like your photographic eye.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    They look great Antonio! Well done!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Wow. Thanks for sharing. Great photographs, and great work by your sister too; there is a nice flow. Congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    This looks fantastic! Your photos jump out of the page.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PapaDee

PapaDee SC Regular

Apr 18, 2011
    Springfield, Virginia USA
    David
    Brilliant

Brilliant. Wonderful pictures and layout.

Thanks very much for sharing.

David

• Like Like x 1
  9. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I saw this yesterday on my iPad and realized I couldn't view it on there but now that I've had a chance to look at them on the big screen I'm amazed! Not that you haven't always taken A1 pics but they are presented so well and make such a wonderful book! Really well done Antonio, a real credit to your skill :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Antonio, it's all been said by the contributors above, an excellent record of your town with the all important consistency of approach over the years this collection has been built up.

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  11. ricks

ricks SC Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Great collection and presentation. Thanks for sharing.

12. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Thank you all very much for your kind comments. I'll let you know how the printed book turns out.

Cheers,

Antonio

13. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Not much to add to whats already been said... beautiful work, well presented, Antonio. Congratulations.

14. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Antonio, your book looks fantastic. I am wanting to make one myself someday soon.. definitely let us know how the print goes. And congrats on your self publish!