Critique Wanted Photography Mishaps

I saw this beautiful parrot in Madeira but it was behind bars. Whatever I tried, I couldn't get a good shot of it. I thought to give it a try anyway and I like the result despite the blur because of the bars.

(Sorry, not taken with compact)

The occasional non compact shot, is always welcome. Especially, when the picture is more important than the equipment.
And I like this one. Maybe, the bars blur make it more focused?

I guess we're not through. Keep'em coming!

If we would really take time to stop and look at these, there is a wealth of information in photography essentials. Just have to "see" and "analyze".;)

This is probably my personal all-time favorite among my (many) mishaps. Still don't know what happened back then but aperture was set to max (f/57 at 1:1) and shutterspeed to 1.1 sec, I believe w/o tripod (D200+105mm macro lens). So a total failure but I liked the result:

View attachment 71050

Here's one I got last night when my wife and I took the dogs to the lakefront to try and view the "supermoon".....lots of good people watching.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but my best guess is that trying to pan zoomed out to 150mm made the image stabilization system freak out. Actually, I think there are 3 different setting for image stabilization and one is designed to work with panning, but that is NOT the one I used here. But I kind of like the results.

View attachment 71438
man passing tree by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Back