Pigeon Point Lighthouse's Annual Fresnel Lens Lighting

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by deirdre, Nov 14, 2010.

1. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    Every year, the fresnel lens on the Pigeon Point lighthouse is lit up for two hours. This year, I found out in time to go.

The first two shots are with my Leica M8 (Voitlander 28mm Ultron f/1.9), but I forgot to check the battery, so most of them are with my GF1 with the 20mm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Great series! I clicked on the first one and then followed through on your Flickr stream - very cool! I love the way as I'm scrolling through them that the lights change as does the lighting. Deirdre, as much as I know you are probably in love with that M8, those shots with your GF1 and the 20mm that show the stars just blow everything else out of the water.:bravo-009: Stunning!

3. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    Yes, the GF1 did a great job. Turns out my battery probably was okay after all. Sigh.

4. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Series I wish I thought of or had time to do. Thanks for sharing! Should be produced in a vertical print/strip (maybe lower number of total prints). I'd hang that on my wall!

• Like Like x 1
  5. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    These start off wow and just never stop wowing! Love the silhouettes towards the end just before the light comes on to make the "star" lights!

6. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Seriously nice set of of a light house. I've never seen one in person and these were a great treat. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

• Like Like x 1