Played with new G3 yesterday at work

Discussion in 'Panasonic/Leica Forum' started by Ghosthunter, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    It's GREAT!! Nice size and the EVF is very very good. It's a similar size to the GF-1 and if i had the money i would get one to replace the GF-1 no problem. The touch screen is quite good and auto focus is lightning quick..i mean stupidly quick!! It's a nice camera to hold also so if you get a chance to try one then do.

I'll wait to see what the images are like when people have posted theirs from their production models.

• Like Like x 2
  2. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Yeah your job is rubbish Andy!

:tomato2:

:laugh1:

3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Yeah I hate it, spending 8hrs a day, 5 days a week in a HUGE shop surrounded by Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, Canon, Nikon, Casio, Rioch, Leica, Samsung and just about every photographic item currently being manufactured......

it's a Bitch!! :rofl:

[​IMG]

Just the Samsung section!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    It's funny, a lot of people are doubting m4/3 after Panasonic announced the "dumbed down" GF3, that it seems like they had completely forgotten about the G3 release!

5. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    I think your job could become very stressful over time!

I too found the G3 autofocus to be very, very fast. It would as you say make a nice move for a lot of GF1 owners. I am not sure it's write for me: the changes I see from GF1 are: built-in VF, articulating screen and some control changes. The high ISO performance is better, but I don't shoot much there.

But I do agree: in terms of size it's like a GF1 with a VF. Solidly built too.

6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    If you took away the EVF, the G3 has the body shape and screen configuration I'd like to have in a m4/3 camera. I'm interested to see if this is the direction that Olympus is heading with their new model/s.

7. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Some people seem to think, that in order to consider µ4/3 each µ4/3 camera has to be designed for themselves.

8. P.H

P.H SC Regular

Apr 4, 2011
    Derby, UK
    Sounds good, I'm hoping to have a play with one next week, then make my mind up whether to swap my LX5 for one.
    Do you have the details of the gift pack, is it a full version of Lightroom 3? There's not a lot of info on anything other than rumor sites yet.

9. P.H

P.H SC Regular

Apr 4, 2011
    Derby, UK
    To answer my own question;
    Yes, full version of lightroom 3 for every EU buyer of most models untill the end of August, details now on the Panasonic website;
    Dealers - Lumix G 2011 Summer Promotion Dealer Locator - Panasonic UK & Ireland

I was teetering on the edge of upgrading to a G3 and as Lightroom was already on the shopping list that's enough to make me go for it. I'll just wait and see wherre the price goes in the next month...

• Like Like x 1
  10. sprocket87

sprocket87 New to SC

Jul 6, 2011
    I am so excited to try one of these! I've only used the gf2 before but I'm considering picking this up. Would be nice if Panasonic direct shipped a little faster...

11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    That's great that they throw in Lightroom! I thought Leica was the only one who did that.

Keep us in the loop you guys!