Micro 4/3 Played with the LX100 today!!

So far I haven't seen a single LX100 image that could not have been bettered by my RX100.
The treatment of foliage by the Panasonic seems particularly bad.

I agree... and that's not intended as bad-mouthing towards the Panasonic. In fact, from its announcement, I've thought that it looks a nice piece of kit, and I'd imagine that the ergonomics of the LX100 are pretty good. However, I must say that (rather to my surprise) the sample images that I've seen from it have not looked particularly good.

The technical IQ of the images from the LX100 (those which I've seen, at least) does not appear to be as good as I get from my RX100. Of course, it's perfectly possible that this might not be the fault of the LX100. :rolleyes: Perhaps there are better samples around, and I just haven't seen them.

The one thing I like better on the LX100 though is the size, at least some kind of grip.

It's true that the RX100 is rather slippery when 'naked', but - for me - the lower half of the Sony case makes the handling of the RX100 perfectly acceptable, and has little effect on its bulk. This means that it still fits easily into a jeans pocket. The wrist strap completes the ensemble, and the whole thing is small, quiet, great to use, and the results are excellent.

There are times when I wonder why I bother to keep any other kit... (semi-serious ;))

Back