Please find me a friend...

What's with the X100, that folk love it, but can't live with/without it? I've wanted one for a long time, but do not think, I could get along with the simi-wide FOV, as a everything camera. And because I subscribe to the only one gun, philosophy, I just never seriously sought one. But wheeee, they sure do tick some buttons for me.
Yeah you think you don't actually need one while you own it. ... And then it's gone. .. And you realize just how much you miss it. The x100 is more a philosophy than just a camera. It really is the most self contained and self reflective that I've been with a camera.

Well returned to the store today. It's official. Pending closer scrutiny of the test images from the SD card my new camera will be...
FUJI X-T1

The VF is outstanding. ... Better than what I have on my dSLR. And every control I wanted was a dial. .. even metering! Even weather sealed. . . Not quite sure what else I really need.
(Well a better lens line up. .. Though I'm now trying to piece together a kit)

I suppose I could go the more modern X-T2 but it's close to double the price. ...and I didn't quite find twice the camera.

Anyway I'll update when I get home and have looked at the results in RawTherapee.

Big thanks to all so far.

What's with the X100, that folk love it, but can't live with/without it? I've wanted one for a long time, but do not think, I could get along with the simi-wide FOV, as a everything camera. And because I subscribe to the only one gun, philosophy, I just never seriously sought one. But wheeee, they sure do tick some buttons for me.

I've had the x100 (original) since 2011. Sometimes, I find myself ignoring it for weeks and months - using other cameras - and I start to think that I might as well sell it. Then, when I take the camera out and use it to test my inclination to keep/sell it, I realise just how good it is, and that I don't want to sell it. It's difficult to describe precisely, but using it just feels like 'real' photography. :confused-95::)

I've had the x100 (original) since 2011. Sometimes, I find myself ignoring it for weeks and months - using other cameras - and I start to think that I might as well sell it. Then, when I take the camera out and use it to test my inclination to keep/sell it, I realise just how good it is, and that I don't want to sell it. It's difficult to describe precisely, but using it just feels like 'real' photography. :confused-95::)
EXACTLY!
....well said mate :2thumbs:

Congrats on making a decision! If I were in the market for an ILC, the XT1 would be near or at the top of my list. Alas, I find the coat-pocketable X100 on the upper limit of what I'm willing to carry (and even that depends on my mood), so I don't think I'll be goingthe iLC route any time soon. And yes, the X100 is something magical.

I suppose I could go the more modern X-T2 but it's close to double the price. ...and I didn't quite find twice the camera.
Congrats. I really enjoy my three Fujis - X10, X-Pro1 and X100T and don't feel the slightest need to upgrade the two older cameras.

Anyway I'll update when I get home and have looked at the results in RawTherapee.
I shoot everything RAW but use different converters, depending on the individual file and the intended output (web, publication, large print).
For large prints and fine details I'm using PhotoNinja most of the time - you can download a free test version at Download Photo Ninja

The X100 is yet another camera I wish I'd persevered with. I loved the photos I took with it but they seemed to arrive more by luck than judgement. The thing seemed to have a life of its own. Maybe the S or T would suit me better. I'm sure I'll end up with one sooner or later.

The X100 is yet another camera I wish I'd persevered with. I loved the photos I took with it but they seemed to arrive more by luck than judgement. The thing seemed to have a life of its own. Maybe the S or T would suit me better. I'm sure I'll end up with one sooner or later.

I've never tried the S or T - I presume that those cameras are better 'in-use' than the original. However, I prefer the output from the Bayer sensor of the x100 to the output from my x-E1 (although the x-E1 is very nice to use). :)

Now look what you've gone and made me do.
Shame on you.
Shame on you all!
20161124_124523-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So very happy

No shame at all. Better you than me. Not, that I wouldn't launch into the search again, if the wallet could stand it. :th_salute:
mate this was never my plan. But I ALWAYS buy behind the release curve. I thought for once I'd be on the crest of the wave to not have doubts about something better....consolidate the lens line-up and just buckle down.
That's the theory anyways....

Back