1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Polarr Photo Editor 3

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Herman, Mar 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. MoonMind

MoonMind SC Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    re the Chromebook question: It depends on the hardware - if you're limited to 2GB RAM, I wouldn't advise using it; I still use it occasionally, but it'll always reduce export size, so in spite of its handy tools, it's not capable of giving me the quality I want. But again, that's caused by the amount of RAM available.

M.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kevistopheles

kevistopheles SC Regular

Jan 2, 2015
    I would be hesitant to run it in Chrome because Chrome's tendency to hog RAM. That said I use the app on both my Mac and iPad and it works very well. I liked it so much that I paid for the "Pro" version ($5) and have been using it paired with Adobe Bridge (free) as my imaging workflow.

Polarr's tool set is small but pretty useful. So far I am not finding myself missing the tools from C1P or Lightroom. Now, I have been shooting primarily JPEG while using Polarr and because it uses whatever RAW engine is tied to the OS (on the Mac it is Adobe RAW) so the RAW converter won't be as nice as other options available depending on the kind of camera you are using. For instance Adobe RAW doesn't do the best job with Fuji X-Trans RAW files.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Thanks for the replies, I will try Polarr.

5. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    • Like Like x 5
  6. kevistopheles

kevistopheles SC Regular

Jan 2, 2015
    Just curious, why would you tweak in LR?

7. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hi Pete! Thanks for sharing these great shots with us.

8. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    I use POLARR as a "Base coat" or "undercoat" and the tweaks in LR seem to give me what I am looking for in my BW shots. I might be able to get the look in Polarr, but have not discovered it yet.