Ponce Inlet, FL

Djarum

All-Pro
Name
Jason
I posted these on the sister site, mu-43. Taken with the E-PL2.

These really aren't intended as HDR. I took 3 shots of plus one and minus one EV and stacked them. I realized in PP that I probably should have taken them plus and minus 2 EV, but oh well. The first one is really close to how I saw it. The second too seem a little on the HDR side, but I think they work ok. CC is welcome as always.

Sunset over the intercoastal

P5132004s.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ponce Inlet Lighthouse.

P5132028s2s.JPG

P5132031sfs.JPG

Nice work, Jason. I used to live in Daytona beach and, later, just outside of Orlando. Ponce Inlet remains one of my personal favorite spots in the Sunshine State. Did you have a bite to eat at the little bar right there at the inlet?

Nice work, Jason. I used to live in Daytona beach and, later, just outside of Orlando. Ponce Inlet remains one of my personal favorite spots in the Sunshine State. Did you have a bite to eat at the little bar right there at the inlet?

Steve,

I grew up in Jacksonville and we made a trip to Daytona before we headed back up to Jacksonville to visit my Dad and sister. The sunset photo was taken right at the docks/Marina next to the "Down the Hatch Restaraunt" which is close to the the inlet, maybe only a quater mile from the lighthouse. We've eaten there before but not this visit. We actually prefer a spot up the road a little bit closer to Wilbur by the Sea called "The Boondocks". There are a few more restaraunts down there but I haven't eaten at them. Interestingly enough the lighthouse has been there for years and our family went to Daytona almost every summer but never saw the lighthouse. They are doing more now to promote the lighthouse in tourism brochures. I've never gone to the top even though it is allowed for a small "donation". My knees can't handle the steps. The lighthouse at St. Simons Island is the same way. Incidentally, the lighthouse at Fernandina is fairly closed and on private property. The lighthouse on NAS Mayport is accessable if you can get on base, which isn't easy these days.

Steve,

I grew up in Jacksonville and we made a trip to Daytona before we headed back up to Jacksonville to visit my Dad and sister. The sunset photo was taken right at the docks/Marina next to the "Down the Hatch Restaraunt" which is close to the the inlet, maybe only a quater mile from the lighthouse. We've eaten there before but not this visit. We actually prefer a spot up the road a little bit closer to Wilbur by the Sea called "The Boondocks". There are a few more restaraunts down there but I haven't eaten at them. Interestingly enough the lighthouse has been there for years and our family went to Daytona almost every summer but never saw the lighthouse. They are doing more now to promote the lighthouse in tourism brochures. I've never gone to the top even though it is allowed for a small "donation". My knees can't handle the steps. The lighthouse at St. Simons Island is the same way. Incidentally, the lighthouse at Fernandina is fairly closed and on private property. The lighthouse on NAS Mayport is accessable if you can get on base, which isn't easy these days.

If one walked/climbed to the top of the Ponce Inlet lighthouse, at least when I lived nearby, one could see what looked like portable bleachers set up on the beach below facing the Atlantic Ocean. Except there were no seats. Instead, there were large flat panels of various colors. I learned that this was a paint-durability test site for various paint companies. Nothing is tougher on paint than Florida sun combined with salt air and stiff winds off the ocean.

Nice work. They are al dente, not overcooked as too many do to their <s>pasta</s> HDR.

This one is definitely my fave Jason
P5132004s.JPG
Love the light on the water and against the hull of the nearest boat.
The sun flare is intriguing - just two diagonal points - can I ask what lens?

The 14-42 Kit mkII oly kit lens. I don't remember the fstop. If you look hard enough, you can see the sensor flare just underdeath. This was the only set from the e-pl2 that did not have a ton of sensor flare( e-pl2 is notorious for it ). I also found the flare interesting as well. None of the other shots I took( I took about 10 sets of 3(0,1,-1 EV)) had this just two streak flare.

Back