1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Post-Vacation Photo-itis

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by deirdre, Nov 30, 2010.

1. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    I realized, after finally importing all my pictures, that I had taken about 1500 photos during the four days I was in Hawaii. I'm now down to 1320, but I have a long way to go before I prune it down to a quantity reasonable to upload to Flickr.

Anyone else get post-vacation photo-itis?

What do you do about it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boyzo

Boyzo SC Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Must have been a great holiday Deidre, I think its good you took so many shots ... this is a good sign. :biggrin:

"Anyone else get post-vacation photo-itis?" :biggrin:
    YES
    But its been a while since i've been away :frown:

Hope to see some "Blue Hawaii" pics on the forum :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I had a bad case of something after I got back from a month long stay around the Med last summer. That month was such a photographic feast that I just couldn't bring myself to shoot much of anything for several weeks after. And it took me a solid month of spending time with all of the thousands of photos I took to find some of the hidden gems and to get sick of the ones that looked good initially but didn't really hold up to scrutiny. I finally just had to stop fighting it and let it take its own time and eventually I got back into shooting again locally.

Such problems to have!

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  4. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
  5. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Oh yes. Anytime we go on vacation, we usually end up with over a 1000 photos between our two cameras. It takes time to go through them all.

6. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    Oh yeah -- three cameras and three SD cards definitely didn't help, either. Also, the Leica likes to reset itself to 2022 when I put in a new battery (if I pull the old one out and charge rather than swap it immediately, anyway).

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Well, post-vacation photo-itis is certainly a benevolent itis to have. I'll be looking forward to your recovery and your pictures as they emerge, Deirdre.:wink:

8. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    I seem to be blessed with a certain ruthlessness regarding pictures. These days I take fewer - yesterday on my wanderings I took around 80; a year ago I would have taken double that. Of those, I will probably dump 30% on the first trawl through and more later. The end result is a manageable collection to process.

Of course I realise it is different when you are on holiday and can't go back and retake shots or revisit the same places but there's a lot to be said for holding back on shooting and then doing some ruthless culling.

LR (no, Adobe don't pay me) is great here with its cataloguing and filtering tools.

• Like Like x 1