Sony Problem with panorama mode

Edgardo

Hi everyone,

I have a NEX-3 and when the panorama mode or 3D panorama is selected the speed shutter is locked in 1/500 :(

In interior scene the image is to dark

This happens to anyone else?

Thaks

Edgardo, first of all welcome to Serious Compacts. Now as to your camera, hang in here or check back later because we have a number of NEX camera owners on the forum. One of them should be able to help you out.

Hi Edgardo.

I take it you are using the 16mm lens? Using this lens the camera is programmed to lock to 1/500 when using the sweep panorama mode. Sony say this has to do with the absence of optical stabilisation in this lens.

When shooting with the 18-55 the camera can select from a wider range of shutter speeds. I'm not sure of there is a minimum shutter speed with this lens but with panorama shots I took last week it gave me shutter speeds anywhere between 1/60 and 1/200.

BTW Welcome to SC:)

Hi,

Thanks to all for your answers

Yes I use the 16 mm,

I buy the camera the last week, and the first that i've done was actualizate firmware,

In demo videos from sony, the shutterspeed change dependig the scene,

This "problem" happens from firmware 03?

Thanks again

I haven't seen the video, but this explanation appears on a number of Sony sites and doesn't appear to be linked specifically to the most recent firmware. Since Sony say it is a lens related issue I would have thought it is true for all versions.

Back