1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Problems viewing photos with some browsers

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by pdh, May 1, 2011.

1. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Just a note to say that I have recently posted a few images linked from Flickr using the HTML method ... while it works, it seems to produce distorted images; So I went back to the method I 'd been using before - copying the "BBCode" from Flickr.

I'll post two here, the first using HTML the second BBCode ... do you see the first as distorted?

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/22065841@N05/5676453024/" title="20110501-12 by _loupe, on Flickr"> 5676453024_bd7f5eabb4_b. "1024" height="1024" alt="20110501-12"></a>

5676453024_bd7f5eabb4_b.
    20110501-12 by _loupe, on Flickr

Attached Files:

2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I do see the difference. Interestingly, I don't think I've ever noticed this with my own. I'll be paying more attention to see what's what. Thanks for this, Paul.

3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I noticed it in one of Briar's the other day as well

• Like Like x 1
  4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Hmm BB which browser do you use? Safari?

5. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Yes, Safari.

6. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    They look identical on my browser window?

7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    OK, here's what it is for me. When I have only the one image in my 15" Safari window, they look the same - exactly the same, but when I have the two photos sort of half way between then the upper image's glass seems wider...but then once I bring it down to be full on, it's perfectly normal and the same. For me this is, I'm pretty sure, due to my glasses. Normally, I look at one photograph that has been posted at a time and don't scroll back and forth between them. So I have to take back what I first said now that I am really looking at each individually.

You know one could drive oneself crazy with this sort of thing. Paul, how big is your screen and what browser are you using?

8. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Safari
    It it causes problems on other peoples browsers perhaps I should start using BBCode instead?

9. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    15.6" , Opera 11.10.

I think it's an Opera thing.

But it might mean anyone using Opera to view this forum will see distorted images if the poster has used HTML from Flickr rather than BBCode

ugh

10. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I use Safari all the time and things do not look distorted, Will.

11. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    I tried opening two Safari windows and looked at the images side by side and could see no distortion.

12. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Bumping this up for some air. Also please note that I split these posts off from a general thread about how to post images in the threads... There posts are much more about various problems that have or can occur for some with different browsers.

13. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Interesting comments. I have no problems with Opera at all, when not logged in. Its the theme in use, I believe. I'll log out now, from here (Firefox) and see what transpires.

14. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    We discussed something similar at another time and I think what fixed it for me was to change the forum viewing style back to S.C. (I think I'd changed it to the blue colured one).

• Like Like x 1
  15. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Right, Nic - and thank you. Maybe eventually we'll have more "themes".