Problems with Sony DSC-RX100

Rlewis1944

Hello! New member, neophyte photographer, with a very good compactcamera (Sony dsc-rx100). Very impressed. However, when trying to use aperture priority mode, or shutterspeed priority mode, everything looks blue, and the pictures taken in these modes have an unnatural blue to them. Any suggestions?? Could be something simple..I am far from an expert!!

hello Rlewis. It sounds like you need to adjust your white balance setting. Usually keeping it on auto AWB does a good job. If it is already on AWB, then we need to go a little further. I'm not in front of my camera right now or I'd tell you how to check it in the menu.

Hello! New member, neophyte photographer, with a very good compactcamera (Sony dsc-rx100). Very impressed. However, when trying to use aperture priority mode, or shutterspeed priority mode, everything looks blue, and the pictures taken in these modes have an unnatural blue to them. Any suggestions?? Could be something simple..I am far from an expert!!

Hello and welcome..
Am afraid I can't help as I'm a newbie too and just got my RX100 but I'll have a play later and see if I get similar "out of the box".
Obvious question, have you looked it up in the online full manual?
Hopefully one of the others who've had one longer can share some insight.. I'll be interested to read too :)
Chao
Irene

Irene,
Have camera will travel & shoot!

Thanks for your reply. I have the Emanuel purchased, but no mention of the "blue" problem. However, Luke suggested it might be a white balance problem, I have set white balance to auto...will try outdoors tomorrow to see if better. Indoors tonite, seems to have a lot less blue!! Good!!

Back