Ricoh Protecting your GR

I've been using the GC-5 leather case, but I find it rather inconvenient to lift the flap, pull out the camera and shoot everytime. Hence, I'm looking for a decent half-case for my Ricoh GR. Best if it comes with a cover for the top half of the camera when you do not intend to shoot, but that's secondary.

Something like the Gariz half-case would be ideal - http://garizen.cafe24.com/product/XS-CHGRBR/SFSELFAA0000507/?main_cate_no=AAAIAH00&display_group=1. However, this seems to be out-of-stock everywhere. So I would appreciate any other recommendations that you might have!

I understand that Ricoh also make a half case for the GR (GC-6).

I personally purchased my GR so that I could have a small inconspicuous camera with a great sensor, as such I would not want to add a half case, adaptor with shade etc - my only addition is a GV-2 that I got very cheaply and the GC-5 case that to me is perfect and easy to use.

Garitz do make superb cases for those that want to Pimp (not meant in any insulting way) their camera but they are more of a made to measure case than a stock item.

Good luck with the search though.

I was quite happy with my GC5 until I bought the GH-3 adapter for some filter action. I doubt I'd be able to fit the Ricoh inside the GC5 after my GH-3 arrives!

@pdh - Yes! Those are exactly what I want, but a bit too rich for my blood.

Back