question about visibility of email address

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by pniev, Aug 5, 2013.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I am bombarded with spam lately on my email account. So I am checking my settings on various sites.

When I checked my privacy settings here, I noticed that "everyone" (so including visitors) could view my contact information. My question is: does that include email address?

Just to be clear (written comm can be confusing): I am not accusing but just eliminating possibilities.

My apologies if I missed an earlier post but I couldn't find it when I searched the archives.

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Hi Peter... I checked and mine has visible to everyone as well. So I logged out and checked my own info with another browser... email address is NOT visible to people at large, and I can't see *any* info about you, even when logged in. Hope this sets your mind at rest.
  3. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks for the quick response, Sue! That helps! I had changed my privacy settings but if you can't see yours either, it is a relief indeed. It would be quite ironic if spammers got my email address from the recent apple developers site hack.
    Thanks again,