Fuji Questions for X-pro-1 and E-X1 owners.

Repp

A few questions to owners of fuji's X-pro-1 and E-X1. I'm currently using m43 and various len kits pending what I'm trying to accomplish. About 90% of the time I find myself using a GX1 and primes (the 14/2.5, 20/1.7, and 45/1.8) due to their size, speed, and image quality. However, I don't ever really use anything besides the manual or AP, and always end up using the add on EVF. So I've been giving some serious thoughts to switching systems and picking up a E-X1. I'm on the road about 80% of the year, often with not much more than carry on bagage, so size is rather important for me. I enjoy shooting travel (yeah, thats a broad category...), long exposure landscapes/water, architecture, and some street/candid stuff. However, for work I'm often tasked with being an event/ceremony photographer. I'm also attempting to learn off camera flash at the moment... So here are some questions.

1. Does anyone have any experience using the system w/ on camera flash (ef42 or ef20) for events or ceremonies in low light? I was thinking that the ef42 and the new 18-55 could cover my needs for this.
2. Any problems w/ fuji and the Cactus V5s?
3. How powerful is the ef20 vs the built in flash on the E-X1?
4. It looks as though there are both electrical and plunger releases for the system... any advantage in one vs the other?
5. Anyone with experience switching from a m43 to fuji have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Back