Quick trip up the Olinda Mt. Dandenong - Nicholas garden

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by Boyzo, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Boyzo

Boyzo SC Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 14, 2010
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    John, is this a new car for you? I'm not up on the Honda's but I take it this is one of their speedsters? Looks as though you had a wonderful driving day - even scaring up some "wild life" with that duo!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boyzo

Boyzo SC Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Wylie no its not a new car I've had it for 2 years .. and yes its the fastest car in Honda's lineup (Type R stands for racing) the engine it built only for that model can do 8,500RPM, engines are individually assembled NOT on a normal production line basis it also uses the unique Valve operating principle Honda name VTEC (variable valve timing) this gives very high power (without a Turbo) this is very different to the simplistic variable valve technology that BMW AUDI Toyota use that's now where near as effective (also they mostly use Turbo for performance .. which has drawbacks)
    The car is not for everyone .. its ride is very sporty and very firm and is manual only (6speed) it also attracts alot of attention people stop and ask me about it when I park it in places

And well yes was a great day ... no wildlife actually appeared only Pets ;-)

The garden is amazing its not manicured but has lovely old Gum trees and it rambles .. Its the old Estate of the Nicholas Aspro family the ones who maid a fortune from the pain killer "Aspro"
    There is a huge ART DECO mansion that you would love but closed to the public (in hands of a developer)

J

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thanks John - I like to pretend that my MINI Cooper is a race car.:wink: As for the estate and the gardens, I am sure I would love it. Glad you had fun and got some nice pictures, too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Nice photos again John. Ever since your last set featuring Sky High, I've been thinking of taking my girlfriend up there for dinner at some point.