1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rain:(

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by christilou, Jan 21, 2014.

1. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Curses, it's raining in Islamorada :( :( :(. Seems as though we just can't get away from it!

2. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Enjoy! We are currently at about 20% of normal and California has officially called a drought; we are steps away from mandatory rationing.

So Christi, get out your umbrella and smile.. the rain shall soon pass :wink:

3. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    4 degrees here and dropping. We've got a deep freeze. I would rather rain :)

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    without the rain we wouldn't have the flowers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Woody112704

Woody112704 SC Top Veteran

Nov 7, 2013
    Iowa
    Jared
    I'm with Isoterica, it's 9 degrees F here and suppose to be a low of -5 tomorrow with a high of 6 on Thursday. I'll take your rain and you can have my cold. ;)

6. About the same here in AZ

7. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    That is why Luke is,y brother in the north! Hehegehe.

And in the same vein, Without rain, we wouldn't have "sounds of rain" sleep therapy devices!
    Trust me, sounds of demolition crews leaves much to be desired when it comes to sleep therapy...

• Like Like x 1
  8. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Having spent the last two months in the grey UK watching the flood waters rise I was rather hoping that this afternoon's picnic on the beach would be in the sunshine and not under the hotel's thatched awning!!! We Brits were the only people in sight braving the elements but we enjoyed it anyway :rolleyes:

9. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    And, it's still raining here C.L. Will it ever stop? Even the dogs are reluctant to go out in it.

D

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    From one of my all-time fave singers.
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/b7D0O2zE8Nk?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/b7D0O2zE8Nk?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

• Like Like x 1
  11. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Sunshine and Rain

Kodiak, Alaska. Yearly average sunshine. 3 days per month.:smile: Called, the "emerald Isle of the North". Cause', it's GREEN and gorgeous, when the sun does shine!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Sublime, Luke. Not heard that for a long time

13. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Richard

Richard SC Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    Another take on the weather ...

-R

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_eT40eV7OiI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>