Rainbows

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Will, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Everyone must have a rainbow image they could post.

GRD2

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/8076775@N02/5202515654/" title="R0013743rainbow by meaning_of_light, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="688" alt="R0013743rainbow" /></a>

• Like Like x 7
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wow, Will! That is one fantastic picture!!

Hmm, I might have one but it won't hold a candle to this one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Thanks. It was almost impossible not to get a striking image with the light they way it was that day.

4. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Wow no-one's seen a rainbow in over three whole years. I remember lots of them when I was young - they must be getting rarer.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/46650120@N04/13164413255/" title="rainbow by stillshunter, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="630" alt="rainbow"></a>

• Like Like x 4
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Rainbows are much more awesome in person than in photos. We were heading home from dinner last night as the sun was going down and a stray shower popped up overhead with sunshine all around. It was the most intense double rainbow I had ever seen with even the blue and indigo bands clearly present in the 2nd rainbow. The main rainbow was so pronounced and opaque, it looked like a cartoon drawn in the sky. As I drove home wishing I had my camera with me, I remembered that I did....it was in the arm of the center console from our weekend roadtrip. When I saw the church, I knew I had found my spot and pulled over. The rainbow had already started it's fade in nothingness, but here's what I got......
    [​IMG]rainbow by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3