1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

random mussings

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by davect01, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Stuff around the house. No particular category, just some random pictures

My favorite soft drink
    DSC08491.JPG

DSC08495.JPG

Half mast flags on Sept 11th
    DSC08506.JPG

DSC08502.JPG

New buds on our tree
    DSC08237.JPG

DSC08190.JPG

My beautiful leg in the morning sun captured quite by accident. I did not even know it was there until I was reviewing my pictures later.
    DSC08643.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Dave, we share the same Root Beer love. Here it's Hanks. It's a copy of the original Hires.
    Hmmmm, we share the same National Flag also....
    Very interesting.....

3. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    What the heck IS Root Beer? Didn't it appear in the Charlie Brown cartoons? Lovely golden light in that last pic :smile:

4. huh

Please tell me you have had Root Beer before:rolleyes:

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I haven't had root beer, but I think it must be ginger beer. Is it?

6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
  7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Thanks Don, and I have never had Root Beer. Not even during the 6 months I was in the US. Wonder how that happened? I got to become addicted to Dr Peppers instead I suppose.

8. Bugleone

Bugleone SC Regular

Jun 1, 2011
    England
    No, ginger ale is something that gets mixed with whyskey etc in cocktail bars,...Ginger beer, on the other hand, is something fiery but thirst quenching for when you have toiled long and hard on a hot sunny day.......

9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I've had real ginger beer and to me it is vaguely like a deeply intense Ginger Ale on steroids - love it, but have to have it on ice.:biggrin: I first experienced it in the late 60s while visiting England for my brother's wedding.:drinks: Ginger ale is mixed with alcohol but quite a few people in the states enjoy it for itself because it's quite refreshing...and it's really fantastic in a drink called a "Transfusion" which is ginger ale and grape juice, believe it or not! It's a drink enjoyed around where we live by tennis players. True! Of course, one can add vodka if one wants to.

Root beer: Root beer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia When I was little, the big excitement was to have root beer in an icy frosted big glass mug.

Dave, I like the deep color tones in these pictures. The clouds in that first September 11th flag photograph, especially, are gorgeous and the blowing flags compliment each other, as well as the whole scene. Very nicely done!

10. Grant

Grant SC Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    Lunenburg Nova Scotia
    Ginger Beer with dark rum and a splash of lime is heaven ... well they call it Dark and Stormy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon SC Regular

The original root beer in Canada was Stones Root beer and it was bottled in a "stone" bottle!! Now that is really digging back in my history...it may have been Stone Ginger Beer!!

12. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Afaik, most root beer is now artificially flavored. I'm sure there are some that are natural.

13. american

That is one reason I like this brand, more natural.

I guess Root Beer is an American thing, I had no idea. You all should try some if you get a chance.

14. Dr Pepper is my favorite cola when I do partake.

15. thanks

Don't forget about Root Beer Floats, vanilla ice cream and root beer in a mug! Yum,yum.

I too really like how the first flag picture turned out.