Sony RAW converters for NEX

Bugleone

Regular
I'm using the software that came with my NEX 3,...quite a lot of it I have not figured out because I'm an impatient type who wants to take photos not sit if front of a computer for several hours,...plus, I'm not especially 'computer literate' anyway!

I'm loading th epix into something apparently called 'PMB',..the other two items of software that came with the NEX don't seem very applicable to what I'm trying to do,..but, who knows,...I certainly don't!

It's about 4 weeks now that I have been playing with the NEX 3 and you could say I'm hooked. However, I do realise that I'm not really touching it's potential and that I do need to get to grips with a software editor,....i've been putting this off for some years and only used Picasa which works quite well for me in general and 'notebook' images,...but now I'm aiming at 'art' kids!!

....So, what RAW converter are you using please and why did you choose it (or did it choose you perhaps?)

....What editor are you using other than 'Photoslop' which I wont buy until Adobe believes if fair prices for us here in the UK and NOT JUST KEEP THE USA PRICE AND CHANGE DOLLARS TO POUNDS....got that Mr Adobe??????

I use LR also.
I started with Adobe since way before Photo Shop. I was in the original Beta with LR and can't imagine doing photography without it. I can't say that for Photo Shop.
I really try to keep out of that mess as much as possible.
Luckily, LR does almost everything I need, with certain Plug Ins so I have no regrets with it.
I would suggest that you at least try the trial version and see what you think. I understand your in the UK and prices are unfair, I agree but you can't let money get in the way of your soul.

If you have a student on board or even around your area, you can get the education edition. It's the same as full blown but the cost is less.
Eventually, you'll buy more cameras, more lenses, cases, filters....so get the software that makes it all work.
Don

Thanks for all your great replies so far! I really apreciate them and have already had alook at some 'Lightroom' sites and reviews.

Anybody using ACDSee editor please?

The thing about LR is, that you never leave the program to do anything unless you want to.
It will organize your work, process your files, output in a number of ways etc.
It's designed for a shooters workflow.

Try it.... You'll love it...

Back