RAW Power app for Mac

Discussion in 'Computers' started by theoldsmithy, Nov 30, 2017.

1. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Hi everyone, quick update, no test pics I'm afraid, just words.
    As part of my bid to try every piece of editing software on the planet, I recently downloaded the Raw Power app from the Mac App Store. Apparently the people behind it used to be on the Aperture development team, and I was always a fan of Aperture.
    Anyway, I ran a few tests of some Fuji RAW files (always a good test) and I must say I find this to be the most pleasing of those I compared against for a straight out of the box conversion. The others being Lightroom CC, Silkypix Raw Converter, and Luminar 2018.
    Given this plugs into Photos, I can see I'll narrow down my editing tools to Photos/Raw Power/Luminar 2018. If Luminar could use Raw Power as a plugin, and gets the DAM feature quickly, even better. I'll ask Skylum what they think.

2. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick SC Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Rick
    I like it too, but it can't handle Fuji compressed files (relies on Apple engine, which doesn't handle them), so I am not using it much

3. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Luckily the x-t1 doesn't produce compressed files (or I haven't figured out how to make it do that yet) so it seems fine for me.

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I had it, but due to an unfortunate incident in which the last safari update just didnt work and stuffed the system, I am now back on El Cap and RAWPower needs Sierra. And I am not updating.