Fuji REAL WORLD test shots from the X10

Thanks Andy (y)

Far better than photos of brick walls! These images seem plenty sharp to me, especially for a small sensor zoom. However, not meaning to poke the hornet's nest but I found these images very flat. Of course I'm not talking from a DoF perspective, but...I don't know....they seem to lack any "punch" - not a single shot had me thinking "Wow, gotta get me one of them". Why? Well, I'll have a another coffee, reexamine the full-size jpegs to see if I can't put my finger on it and explain my 'lack of punch' claim in more technical terms.

Didnt we see these in another thread? (Not on a Polish site though) I wasn't impressed, found the shots to be "muddy" iirc.

Haven't seen the second set though. But I always wonder just how valuable it really is to be showing a high ISO shot that was taken in good light. Show me the ones taken in crap light, I say!

But I always wonder just how valuable it really is to be showing a high ISO shot that was taken in good light. Show me the ones taken in crap light, I say!

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't consider a situation that requires ISO 1000, f/2, 1/50s or ISO 3200, f/5.6, 1/10s "good light".
Nope, I really wouldn't. :)

It is a typical feature of Fuji cameras like the X100 to make terrible low light situations appear as if lighting was good.

Sue, you're right on the shots from Poland. Those were the ones that appeared perhaps too compressed. Yucky, to be more technical.;)
However, the cork shots are new, at least to me. I enjoyed seeing the 100% crop on the high(er) ISO settings. 'Still looks very promising. Thanks, Andy.
. . . David

Thanks Andy. I'll be honest though, I'm still not blown away. Still no 'pop' and I remain unsold.

During my internal struggle to buy the X100 complement I entertained the notion of holding onto my hard-earned money and reserving the X10 on pre-release. I mean what better companion than the same manufacturer with similar control layout, etc? But, the more I see the more I am reassured in my decision, and impatience, to buy the EP3. Just my perspective, but with the X10 not offering more than what I can achieve from the 'outdated' Oly sensor I'm happier playing with the little PEN....and I got to say the more I play the more I'm warming to the EVF and general handling. Can't explain it, but it's simply a fun travel companion....:blush:

Thanks Andy. I'll be honest though, I'm still not blown away. Still no 'pop' and I remain unsold.

During my internal struggle to buy the X100 complement I entertained the notion of holding onto my hard-earned money and reserving the X10 on pre-release. I mean what better companion than the same manufacturer with similar control layout, etc? But, the more I see the more I am reassured in my decision, and impatience, to buy the EP3. Just my perspective, but with the X10 not offering more than what I can achieve from the 'outdated' Oly sensor I'm happier playing with the little PEN....and I got to say the more I play the more I'm warming to the EVF and general handling. Can't explain it, but it's simply a fun travel companion....:blush:

Totally agree, Not bad but nothing special. It's a real shame as i think it's a beautiful looking camera. I'm still going to hold final judgment until i get one in my hands and have a play, take some shots and see for myself in Lightroom.

Honestly, I would or will only be able to judge if or when I get a hold of a few RAW files myself and see what is what. I wasn't too excited at all by the pictures that I first saw from the X100 either...but I sure liked 'em when I got them myself. I hope the X10 turns out to be good. Time will tell.

Oh BB, we will look back at this thread fondly one day.

Having a psychic vision of a new signature block reading:
"**an evolving photographer, with Fuji Xs (100 & 10)"
:tomato2:

It's sort of like my Shetland Sheepdog obsession...I've had at least one since 1974, and it's not the same one either!

Seriously, I don't know what I'm going to do. I love the way the X100's controls are and feel that I'll never be able to go back to button pushing. Do I need another camera? No, I don't. One camera is plenty for me right now.;)

P.S. I do like that signature line, however - even with the tomato throwing smiley!

Back