1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Refurb Nikon 3100 deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Luke, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen SC Regular

Jan 10, 2014
    I'd say it's about as good a deal as you'll find on an entry level DSLR - especially for still images - but it's video capabilities are pretty rudimentary. Also, be aware that those lenses are not the ones with VR capability. As a result, the two lenses together are worth less than $150. This is especially significant for the longer lens.

Personally, I'd recommend getting a used DSLR and especially for any long telephoto, I'd make sure it had image stabilization.

3. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Didn't you recently have some Pentax? It's so hard to keep track of some of you….

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Luke has a revolving door on his wallet I think :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. yakky

yakky SC Regular

Nov 30, 2013
    Not a bad deal but the D3200 single lens deal can be had regularly for the same price and has an all around better sensor. Should you decide the big camera experience isn't for you, a D3200 can be sold quickly, a D3100, not so much.

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen SC Regular

Jan 10, 2014
    Any DSLR can be sold quickly if the price is low enough.

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I did. And it was mainly great. But then I was afflicted with serious LBA. And with all the great Pentax lenses, it was a dangerous ecosystem for my wallet.

8. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    +1. The D3100 isn't a bad little camera. But if one can pick up the D3200 at anywhere near the same price, that's the far better option. And this from a Pentaxian who sees prices dropping on the Pentax K50 and K500:

http://www.adorama.com/IPXK50BKA.ht...ate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid65093

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/982686-REG/pentax_15507_k_500_digital_slr_camera.html