1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Refurbished XZ1 Arrived

Discussion in 'Olympus Forum' started by Crsnydertx, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    After reading about the XZ1 and seeing the nice work done by SC members, I decided to look for a used one to complement my other gear. I found an attractively-priced refurbished unit via amazon.com and was intrigued by the fact that it was white, not black! Well, I've never had a white (or anything other than black or silver) camera, so I decided this would be an interesting change for me.

The package arrived this morning, and....I still don't own a white camera. Out of the box came a black one.... Oh, we'll, guess I was meant to be boring. Actually, I want to try a little Flipbac grip on it, and I was lamenting how the black grip might look on a white model. Problem solved.

Looking forward to charging it up and seeing what it can do!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Good choice. The XZ-1 is a great camera!

3. winx14

winx14 SC Rookie

Mar 23, 2012
    Random tip: Amazon will give you amazon.com credit for their item/shipping blunders if you let them know.

4. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Thanks. I may tell them of the error but then indicate I'm okay with keeping what they sent. I buy enough stuff from amazon.com that they may offer a little credit for my trouble! But I'm okay with keeping the black one; they may not even have a white one in the refurb pipeline.

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Congrats on your choice, Chuck, its a great little camera :) Like you, I'm going to get a Flipbac, just havent been able to make a decision about which one (also want an EVF but again.. Vf-2 or VF-3.. arghhh)

6. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Maybe if you get a small refund you can get your grip with it :)

7. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Kristen, the grip I'm considering costs $US 10, so that's probably in the ballpark of a "for your troubles" refund...:smile:

8. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Sue, I used the Flipbac G4 on the E-PM1, which has a remarkably similar body shape. I may go with the G1 on the XZ-1, though, for one reason: I already have one left over from trying to figure out what would work best on the E-PM1!

On the other hand, do I really want to put on a grip that covers the impressive "f1.8" on the face of the camera?:eek:

9. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    good choice, love my XZ-1. The IQ is awesome. If I use the VF I tend to use the VF3, not as clear but it lock in place. Use also the Freniac Grip.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Thanks, Lili. I already had the VF2, and it seems like it fits tight enough - but I'll be watching it. I've had Franiec grips on several Canon compacts and they are top-of-the-line.

11. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    I have both, optically the VF-2 is better but I have dropped it a few time, thankfully on carpet. In addition to locking the VF-3 is a bit slimmer so fits better in the bag with the camera.

• Like Like x 1