1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Renting an XPro 1 this weekend with the 35

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by wt21, Sep 12, 2012.

1. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    I am going to rent an XPro 1 this weekend with the 35 to try it out.

Any key settings to consider?

One problem is that I want to try shooting wide open outside, so I need an ND filter, but I don't have any 52mm ND filters. I have a step-up ring from 52 t 58 and 58mm filters, but then the hood won't fit. Drat.

Can you attached the hood AND a 52mm filter on the 35/1.4 at the same time?

Anyone have any experience with NEX (say using an M-mount 35/1.4) and XPro 1 35, and could compare the experience (outside of the AF issues). I guess, though, it would come down to what M-mount lens...

Thanks for any settings help!

2. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Not sure about attaching the filter and then the hood. Will confirm when I get home but think it's unlikely given lens hood mounts via a dedicated mount rather than via the filter thread

With regards to settings, key is to set auto compensation dial to -.3 or even -.5 EV since meter tends to over-expose slightly. Like many others I find shooting with dynamic range set to normal or lowest setting and film setting to standard works well for my taste. Watch out for subjects with highly saturated reds ( flowers etc) as detail tends together blown out (though easily recovered in post). Have fun. It's a great camera to shoot with.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Just confirmed that you may be able to use a 52mm after you attach the lens hood, but it looks like it will be a tight fit. You may have a hard time screwing in the filter to the lens thread because there is very little clearance between the filter and the hood. Don't know for sure since i do not have a 52mm filter.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    • Like Like x 1