1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Richard Franiec Grip for Canon EOS M

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Richard Franiec just wrote me to let me know that he is producing a limited number of Canon EOS M grips will be available in the second half of November 2013 for $34.95 plus shipping.

I can attest to the very high quality of Richard's grips, and the EOS M certainly seems like a camera that would benefit.

For photos of the grip or to pre-order, see Richard's site: http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_eosm

• Like Like x 1
  2. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    So, do you think Mr. Franiec will produce a good camera to go with the grip? Maybe a Fuji that looks like the EOS M?

3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Richard obviously likes it. His comments are favorable and he's bothering to make a grip.

4. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    I've used one rather extensively. Couldn't resist the smartass comment.

5. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Ah. :smile:Actually this grip surprised me. The M doesn't get a lot of love. I ordered one because it will help the ergs quite a bit. AF is still weak but I love the 22.

6. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    The 22mm is an excellent lens. It's the equivalent of the Panasonic 20mm lens for the EOS M system. Unfortunately it looks like the EOS M system may stay rather abbreviated.

7. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The new grip came in today. It went right on and it's very nice. $$$ well spent. Just in time for the Disneyworld trip.

8. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Just for a last comment, two days now and the grip works really well. Doesn't make the camera bigger but it provides a "hook" to hold the camera by.

9. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    I ordered mine last week. I think it should be here in a few days. Looking forward to it.

I originally got the M+22, but I also just got the 270EX ii and the 18-55. It's a nice little camera. I think the grip will round it out nicely.