Ricoh Ricoh GRD III - Airport Graffiti

Dorf... Yer killing me with theses GRD3 images.
I just adore that camera and miss it. I want to keep missing it because I don't need it but it's a hard camera to let go...

I'm frankly amazed by them too. In the various series I've seen on the forum, Michael Penn's shots on Flickr, etc. I'm not in the market but they do have a certain unique feel to them that seems to be common to a number of shooters, which means there's something going on with the camera too.

-Ray

Ray, there exist no other camera that sets up like a Ricoh GRD.
The snap mode is for quick street work and quick it it.
Considering the sensor size, it's a truly amazing little camera.
The 28mm 1.9 lens is a gem amongst gems.

Ray, there exist no other camera that sets up like a Ricoh GRD.
The snap mode is for quick street work and quick it it.
Considering the sensor size, it's a truly amazing little camera.
The 28mm 1.9 lens is a gem amongst gems.

Thanks streetman! I've got serious Ricoh envy. I'm praying the M mount happens and they do it right. That will be my DSLR replacement.

The GRD has gotten me out of my photo rut. I took less than 700 pictures last year and not many more than that the year before. This little gem renewed the juices.

How does the GRD's image quality fare at a pixel level? I've had a few lower-spec Ricohs and while they are not very pretty for pixel-peeping, overall they do produce a look that is different in feel to what I might get from, say a similar Canon compact (which does look clean at a pixel level).

Back