Ricoh GRD III Lens Ring

Discussion in 'Ricoh Forum' started by smash, Aug 2, 2011.

1. smash

smash SC Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    This weekend past I picked up my trusty GRD III to take with me on a trip, but as I picked it up I noticed the lens ring cover was missing, I thought oh it must be in the bag but no. I have hunted high and low but to no luck. So I emailed Ricoh who haven't replied re a replacement. Now what I need to know is does the GRD I / II lens ring cover fit the III as I can get hold of them quite easily? Thanks Ash

2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Now that sounds rather disturbing. I hope you get some helpful feedback here, smash and that Ricoh rsvp's asap!

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I'm not 100% sure about that but you can pm Lili. She's a GRD follower since the original.
    Don't sweat it tho' your in good company. I lost my X100 ring a week ago and truth be told, I don't miss it.
    Don

• Like Like x 1
  4. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    I've just tried it for you and I'm afraid it doesn't. The GRDII one is slightly too small for the GRDIII

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Pop Flash has had them in the past.

• Like Like x 2
  6. smash

smash SC Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    No luck I am afraid. Tried Clifton cameras here in the UK, shame they dont sell them either but they do sell the gold ring GRD III and the black ring is left in the box.

7. jimmy2thou

jimmy2thou SC Regular

May 6, 2011
    Marbella, Spain
    Good news and bad news. I did a bit of searching and through google japan found this website that sells some cool custom gear for Ricoh cameras. They have a ring, but bad news is it's about £38. They have a choice of 8 colours though, but you might need to brush up on your Japanese. I'm not sure what their delivery prices are. That's all I have found for now, but will keep an eye out for more. The link:
    Google Translate

8. jimmy2thou

jimmy2thou SC Regular

May 6, 2011
    Marbella, Spain
    This guy is selling a GRD3 on ebay with a missing front ring and says you can buy a new one from Ricoh Germany for €11 which is good news. Hopefully Ricoh will get back to you soon with that option. Good luck.

9. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
  10. Michael Penn

Michael Penn SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Philadelphia
  11. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Jimmy, if you need something shipped from the colony, let me know...
    I'll do it for you....

I'm actually getting my camera back from Roger cause he's bored with it...
    I missed it...