Ricoh GXR - My Caddy

Discussion in 'Ricoh GXR Forum' started by Duane Pandorf, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf SC Top Veteran

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Haven't posted in a while as I haven't been spending too much time in front of the computer, but have been busy taking pictures. The weather has turned nice here and decided to get the clubs out and hit the links. Plus I guess I was a little jealous at all the attention some new camera from Japan has been making around these places. BTW, my Leica lens does not have the "aperture chatter malfunction". :tongue:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    this photo has a look that I crave. It reminds me of a sharp lens on a medium format film camera. Just beautiful.

3. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf SC Top Veteran

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Thanks Luke, what you may not know about the GXR A12 fixed lens modules (28mm and 50mm) is they have a max shutter speed of 1/3200. The A12 M Mount is 1/4000 normally and with the silent electronic shutter its 1/8000. What this photo proves to me is that I can open my f/2.0 40mm lens wider to try and blur the background more than I can the A12 28mm f/2.5 as I was always getting the alert that the aperture couldn't open any further or be over exposed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Nicely rendered with an almost 3d look.

• Like Like x 1
  5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Good to see a post from you, Duane. Huh, it seems like the kit is still taking decent pics. :biggrin:

I love the color and super cool to have the DoF/3D thing going in bright sunlight.

6. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Great sense of depth, which creates that 3D look. Great colors too! And best of all, no aperture blade chatter! ;)

I didn't know that the M module went up to 1/8000 max shutter speed! That's awesome!