Ricoh GXR - Vegas Shopping Mode

Discussion in 'Ricoh GXR Forum' started by Duane Pandorf, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf SC Top Veteran

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Had a couple days layover in Vegas. Headed over to the Fashion Show Mall and thought I'd share this one:

Woman%2BShopping.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Very nice! Using snap focus or AF?

3. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Great photo, well done on getting her backlit by the doorway and its reflection!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    The quintessential shopper - great the high contrast, her silhouette is, of course, lovely - but that background with the chandelier and the highlights are, for me, what really sets this image off, Duane.

Hope you stayed away from the gambling tables!:biggrin:

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Very nice Duane. I think I noted elsewhere that you don't do a lot of street photography, but when you do, you do it well. This is surely an example of that!

-Ray

6. Country Parson

Country Parson SC Top Veteran

Apr 5, 2011
    North Carolina
    Dan
    Very nice, Duane. Did you use in camera B&W or convert afterwords?

The GXR has really come into its own on this site!

7. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    very nice

• Like Like x 1
  8. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Great light and shadow

• Like Like x 1
  9. Duane Pandorf

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Morning Armanius, it was AF. I had just come out of the Apple Store and had time to AF this shot.

10. Duane Pandorf

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Do you call Amazon online staying away from gambling tables BBW? I'm not sure as there's only one direction funds can go via Amazon online. At least you have a chance to get some money back gambling!!

Thanks for the nice comments. I did have to work the photo a bit to get it to look the way I wanted to see the image.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Duane Pandorf

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Thank you Ray. I don't know if I would call this street photography but I happened to be at the right spot for this one. And it was an interesting discussion elsewhere. No point in stirring that pot again. :wink:

12. Duane Pandorf

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Morning Dan, I worked this one over pretty good in Silver Efex Pro. I did my cropping in Aperture before sending the color DNG file to Silver Efex Pro. I began the edit using the soft sepia preset and worked from there.

As BBW noted she like the chandelier. The area above the woman's head was blown out and was able to put a control point there and pull that little bit of detail out.

I also used control points around her shadow to emphasize that area some more and I burned the left, right and bottom to center the eyes attention away from some distractions there.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    True, true...though they (Amazon) generally have a good return policy. angel_not.

14. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Well done Duane, I like the way she is silhouetted by the reflection in the floor