Ricoh GXR With P10 Module for $220

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
A third party seller on Amazon.com is offering the Ricoh GR body with P10 module (28-300mm, 1/2.3" sensor) for $219.95.

Amazon.com : Ricoh GXR Interchangeable Unit Digital Camera System with 3-Inch High-Resolution LCD and P10 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VC Lens with 10MP CMOS Sensor : Compact System Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo

The good news is that fulfillment is by Amazon, which means any customer service or returns fall under Amazon's policies and protection. Anyone with GXR experience have any opinion about the P10 module? $220 seems fairly low risk.

i have no experience with the module, but I did research it when I had the GXR. Whatever cameras you had a year ago that you sold to get down to your current line-up were better. The only way it makes any sense is if you plan on getting the better lensors and want a zoom to go with it.

Nowadays, I think that the GXR only really makes sense as a reasonably priced digital back for M-mount glass. I wouldn't buy it for the existing Ricoh lenses compared to newer stuff that can be gotten for similar cost. Take away the good design for using M-mount lenses, and it's not as good as, say, an Olympus E-PM2 or Sony NEX 5

I have got a mint GXR and P10 module in my draw for a while, anyone interested can shot me a message.
would let it go at lower price than that

Back