Rumor - Fuji X100s and X20

Discussion in 'News and Rumors' started by Boid, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Looks like worthy upgrades! The X20 looks great in silver.
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Be interesting to see how this shakes out. It also indicates that the X20 will have an X-Trans sensor, presumably still in the 2/3" size. Which presumably means the end of EXR? Maybe, I'm not really sure if they could or would do an X-Trans sensor with EXR pixel binning??? A lot more to be learned about these. I can guess the X100s will be an unqualified winner (by my criteria) assuming they also fix one or two of the remaining interface quirks (give it a Q menu - make the auto ISO like the others in the line, etc). But the X20 sounds like it may represent a total change in approach, which could be really interesting. I'm really fascinated by how the compact camera market is shaking out right now, as various makers start to try to address the shot across the bow represented by the RX100. I hate the RX100, but I'm deeply grateful to Sony for putting it out there - its sure to improve the breed!

But, yeah, the X20 does look wonderful in Silver!

4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hybrid AF looks like it while become more and more common, although so far Nikon seems to have been the only company to have actually made it work to an advantage.

I also have to say that while I didn't think all that the X10 looked like all that much in black, the X20 in silver does look great.
  5. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Stop bringing out new great-looking cameras!
    My GAS can't take much more of this.
  6. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Mmmmmm Tasty, I love my X100 and an updated version can only be a good thing - the retro look is still very much in demand.

It will also be interesting to see if Fuji do as they hinted at and produce a full frame camera soon and what style they go for.

Interesting times ahead - thanks Fuji for getting my GAS going!
  7. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    I will definitely buy the new X100 if it has the new sensor. I just wish they would make that EV wheel lock. How hard can that be?
  8. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Happy with my 3-cam setup (5D, EPL3 and RX100), but am rooting for Fuji!
  9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Well my X100 is not going anywhere. Put out new models all you like Fuji, I'm sticking with the girl that brought me to the dance.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    hmmm my favorite camera wish (weatherproofing or other ruggedizing measures in a pocketable high-quality camera) is still not becoming reality, although the OM-D comes really close...
    For the X100s, I'd be pretty happy already if they gave it some more realiability, I've just heard too much complaints about the original X100 (not just SAB, but also dust making its way into viewfinders and lenses, locking up, and more) to really trust it...
  11. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    The new sensor in the x100 is enough to make it a likely buy for me. The other improvements are nice, but it's that sensor...
  12. tdp

tdp Guest

Is it the same sensor as the Pro and XE1?
  13. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    That seems to be the case.
  14. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm also happy to see the continued commitment to the hybrid VF.
  15. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I like!! The X20 looks particularly nice. Although I do like the all black better.