Rumor: Nikon V3 to be released in January 2014!

Discussion in 'Nikon 1 Forum' started by IVN, Nov 28, 2013.

1. IVN

IVN SC Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    V3 is supposed to be similar to a P7800 in design, meaning lots of buttons, dials, etc. It is said to have a pop-up flash with commander mode and a standard flash hot-shoe. Nikon is supposed to be working on a FW update for the FT-1, it is yet unknown which features will be added. There is no info on the sensor as of yet. Check out the article on

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    I don't know if the Nikon One system will ever gain to much acceptance in the US/Canada market. We still tend to value "larger" when calculating value and the "seriousness" of the gear. Yet, if Nikon deeply dropped prices, the One system risks being considered a toy, kinda like the Pentax Q.
  3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    I doubt that I'll be getting one. Just can't continually update, and the V1 and J1 combo I have is pleasing enough for me. Its lenses I want, now.
  4. matus

matus SC Rookie

May 8, 2011
    It will surely be priced a bit over the top as it was/is the case with V1/V2, but I personally think that NIkon 1 is a very interesting system (and enjoy using the V1 since recently even though I consider myself medium format guy) and definitely needs update when it comes to user interface. My V1 feels at times more like P&S than I appreciate.

Nikon should also bring a lens or two with the V3 (and maybe redesign the 18/1.8 with less barrel distortion or at least correct it in camera)
  5. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Hopefully this will push prices of the V2 down. What I'd really like is news about longer zooms though, before I get my wife the DX 55-300 plus FT-1 zoom for Christmas...