1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

russian grandmothers eurovision

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by BillN, May 26, 2012.

1. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Russia's entry in the Eurovision Song contest

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YdgbM8k_wNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    There are worse!!!!

well maybe not

the only thing worse are the local Commentators in Azerbaijan

I eagerly await the results

3. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    The song is kind of meh, but they are actually very nice. I saw a TV interview with them - they are very humble (they even refuse to tell their names) and all they want is to build a church in their village.

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I have seen them a couple of times now on SBS, which has been broadcasting Eurovision... and I just keep asking myself ... why... how... huh? The grannies are cute, but for this contest? God help us.

5. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Apparently, Spain have been told not to win as if they do they can't afford to stage it next year

The UK entry was just megga!!!! ............. I bet he has a great time with the Grannies back stage

Listening to all this lot, it makes you realise what the english language has done for the world!

6. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    They are reaching the peak - awarding the points - 42 countries has cast their vote

7. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Guess what the Ukraine gave Russia 10 points, (2nd place) and Belarus gave the Grannies 12 points, (first place)

8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    And who is surprised?

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    well the music is crap, but these shows really do try to appeal to the lowest common denominator, don't they? I hope these sweet old women know they're being exploited....and I hope they win. Give 'em a big fat check so they can build their church. Just my 2 cents.