RX 100 v best still shot setting for grading in premiere pro

Discussion in 'Sony RX100 Forum' started by mathew, Apr 12, 2017.

1. mathew

mathew SC Regular

Apr 12, 2017
    hi guys
    im new to this forum and new to the sony rx 100 v camera , i only brought it a week ago and so far im very impressed but would like to understand the picture profile settings abit more , i shoot jpeg but still like to tweak my images abit , im abit confused with witch picture profile / creative style to use for the best flattest image to process later in premiere ,,, are the picture profiles just for video or are they for stills as wel ? any help would be greatly appreciated ,,, thank you

2. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    Profiles, styles, simulations,... Really all the same thing? I'm not a Sony guy, but have been playing a good bit with film simulations on my Fuji X70. If you know you're always going to edit the images later why not shoot in RAW? Than you have the most flexibility to process.

3. mathew

mathew SC Regular

Apr 12, 2017
    hi mate
    thanks for reply , i used to shoot in raw but the files sizes for me was to large , just took up so much HD space so i went back to Jpeg

4. bluzcity

bluzcity SC Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Can't help you with your question but wanted to welcome you to the forum Mathew!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    It's been awhile since I owned a Sony, but from memory I think either Camera Neutral or Camera Standard would be the closest to an "unprocessed" image

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mathew

mathew SC Regular

Apr 12, 2017
    cheers mate