Sony RX1 - the camera I don't need.

Looking forward to your take on the mini Fuji. I never use the viewfinder on my X10 and though I often do use it on the X100 there are many times when I have not...especially when I'm in a situation where I don't want to put the object of my attentions on alert, if you know what I mean. But we digress and I don't want to derail the thread.

Back to unicorn dust and the RX1!:flowers_2:

Luckily its not an Xtrans sensor....those things I hear tend to 'smear' fine details.

Unless you use Irident Raw Developer

Processing X100S RAW with IRIDIENT DEVELOPER – Part 2 - The Visual Experience :: The Visual Experience

Which unfortunately is MAC only and not for Windows.

I wonder, then, whether the RX1 files could benefit a bit more from a developer like this.
I doubt, though, that the difference would be as dramatic as that for X Trans cameras.

Next generation pdaf mirrorless cameras are coming:) Sony is also getting rid of mirrors on their dslrs. First product of Oly-Sony combination on the pipeline:

(FT5) First High End OMD test report. | 43 Rumors

1) AF w/ 43 lenses with same speed and accuracy as m43 lenses
2) Sony sensor noise and dynamic range

I don't know if the sensor is similar to Canon's or not, but this is good news. So if the full frame mirrorless will have the same af with the Oly ibis, it will be a killer camera... But I still prefer smaller mirrorless native/rf lenses.

Next generation pdaf mirrorless cameras are coming:) Sony is also getting rid of mirrors on their dslrs. First product of Oly-Sony combination on the pipeline:

(FT5) First High End OMD test report. | 43 Rumors

1) AF w/ 43 lenses with same speed and accuracy as m43 lenses
2) Sony sensor noise and dynamic range

I don't know if the sensor is similar to Canon's or not, but this is good news. So if the full frame mirrorless will have the same af with the Oly ibis, it will be a killer camera... But I still prefer smaller mirrorless native/rf lenses.

I kept a 12-60 and 50 macro from my 4/3 days. If this new Oly pans out, I'll feel like a genius for keeping those two lenses!

that Rx1, the camera that I don't need....

spit out these images over the past weekend..

0808-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

0808-1.jpg

e-76.jpg

e-31.jpg

e-92.jpg

That is a very dramatic difference!

Just to add to this, when I switched to Lightroom 5 and could finally read the ARW files the clarity of my images improved dramatically. I judge my DP2M to the sharpest digital camera I have ever owned and since moving to LR5 I am now very pleased with the results for the RX1.

LouisB

Just to add to this, when I switched to Lightroom 5 and could finally read the ARW files the clarity of my images improved dramatically. I judge my DP2M to the sharpest digital camera I have ever owned and since moving to LR5 I am now very pleased with the results for the RX1.

LouisB

But Lightroom 4.4 already supports RX1 ARW files.
Are you comparing 4.4 to 5? or a previous version?

Back