RX1 user report at Steve Huff (not by Steve).

Discussion in 'Sony RX1 Forum' started by bilzmale, Jan 8, 2013.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Alwyn Loh of Singapore has posted his user report st Steve Huff Photo.

• Like Like x 3
  2. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I so like this camera, but am so far away from it's price:)
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    I still hope another camera company follows suit. I like the idea of a fullframe sensor with a fixed focal length, but I'm not in love with this one.
  4. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    I got to play with the RX1 at the Sony Space in New York a couple of months ago. I found it to be just delightful - the aperture ring around the lens was worth the price of admission alone. But a $1200 Fuji X100s is a lot more likely for me and even that wiould probably be a year off.
  5. Paul Giguere

Paul Giguere www.paulgiguere.com

May 4, 2011
    Wayland, MA USA
    I think this is just the beginning of full-frame compact cameras. Now that Sony has shown it can be done, I'm sure we will start to see other makers get on-board with (probably) more affordable offerings.

I can see companies like Fuji picking up on this at some point. Canon and Nikon pretty much have their heads in the sand with innovations like this and tend to follow the crowd (mirror-less offerings being a case in point).

Just give it time. . .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  6. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    It would be interesting to see Fuji try its hands on a full frame compact. But that could hurt the sales of the X-Trans APS-C line of cameras though. Unless they price it significantly higher than the XPro1. Unless they replace the APS-C with full frame stuff.
  7. Paul Giguere

Paul Giguere www.paulgiguere.com

May 4, 2011
    Wayland, MA USA
    I think it will take time for Fuji get to work on a full-frame camera. Even if they start now, it will take at least a year or more before they can announce anything. This is enough time for the X-Trans line of cameras to have their day in the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Fuji were talking about it a while back. They would have to introduce a new lens rage as the XF lenses do not cover the full frame sensor!

I love the image of the Red Alfa, SO sharp with nice DOF and awesome colours. You can almost touch the car!