Sony RX100 remote live view

andymecx

Hi Everyone,

I have a question and can't find the answer anywhere quickly on other forum threads here.
I want to buy an RX100 but I need to be sure I can create a remote live view first.
With my present camera (an old Powershot) I can insert an A/V cable pin into the camera and the other end of the cable into my hand held TFT screen via RCA type connectors. When I turn the camera on the camera live view is shown on the hand held screen and not the camera's LCD screen. If I leave the camera for a minute it goes into "sleep" mode. I then half-press the shutter button and the camera wakes up again and I get live view back on the hand held screen.
I want to know if the RX100 also behaves in the same way if I connect it to my hand held screen via the camera's multi-functional USB port.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Andy

Thansk porchard. Yes, this is the RX100 Mk2 with wi-fi and you then have remote control and live view. I can't afford a MK2 at the moment but have the chance to buy a virtually unused MK1. But there seems to be no option for remote control or remote live view with the MK1 :(

Thansk porchard. Yes, this is the RX100 Mk2 with wi-fi and you then have remote control and live view. I can't afford a MK2 at the moment but have the chance to buy a virtually unused MK1. But there seems to be no option for remote control or remote live view with the MK1 :(

I have the MkI, and AFAIK it's not possible with that model (great camera, though:)).

Back