1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

S100 and X Pro 1 Shoot Flamenco

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Penfan2010, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    I got a Canon S100 during Amazon's Cyber Monday sale (but missed the really cheap $229 price, though). Am very impressed with its feature set and size, and like the multi-purpose control ring around the zoom lens (I use it primarily for setting the aperture while on Aperture-Priority mode). I took it along with the X-Pro 1 to a flamenco performance in our town last week. The venue was a small frame shop (hence the interesting backdrop), and the space was a bit too small for shooting with the X-Pro 1 and the 35mm, so I shot more with the S100 that evening. I shot JPGs that night, and left kept the ISO on auto. PP'd on Silver Efex Pro 2 and Color Efex Pro via Aperture. A few blown highlights, but overall, I like using it.

S100
    IMG_0022.

IMG_0025.

IMG_00991.

IMG_0085.

X-Pro 1

DSCF6193.

DSCF6194.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I need to look for a frame shop that is going out of business. I'd love to score a bunch of those right angle samples as they throw them in the dumpster.....makes a really neat backdrop.

3. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    I'm glad you think so. I frankly found the frames distracting, which is why I ended up converting to BW for most of the photos.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    maybe for the photos, the colors are distracting, but I could use some pattern and texture for my walls. Frankly, I could use almost anything for my walls.