sadness of the trees

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
i think my great great grandma was a dryad, so i agree with you ;) or mebbe its my LACK of medication! HA! :D

my fav tree around the corner got blown down in a wind storm last year... i was devastated! i actually told the other similar tree downtown that her sister had died when i drove by it. it was sad to me. but im INFP like that

I'm not sure if they are sad, but I think these 3 always look like they are cold (which makes me sad, because I don;t know where to find a coat for them).
8436424388_3f1e7ffe7a_b.jpg

a cold day on the great lake by Luke Lavin, on Flickr
can you imagine how complicated the knitting would be for a sweater for those trees? look how many arm holes youd need!

my tree, which has passed away

rr tree.jpg

dttree.jpg
and sister tree downtown

is that just a straigh bw conversion? i can never seem to like my OWN bw shots without outrageous contrast/vign/grain/sepiatone ... at least two of those! lol
but i always like it when i see it on other peoples shots!

is that just a straigh bw conversion? i can never seem to like my OWN bw shots without outrageous contrast/vign/grain/sepiatone ... at least two of those! lol
but i always like it when i see it on other peoples shots!

I scanned the film in 16 bit grayscale and fiddled with the results in Photoshop, so a pretty straighforward digital treatment of a 35mm negative. I may throw it into B&W effects or another program to see if something different works -- something that would approximate a diluted selenium treatment (1:40) for increased shadow separation and dmax (and permanence)

Correction: I just now replaced the original. I found I bit of sharpening in Perfect Effects helped bring out a lot of (apparent) detail. I used the circus-like named "Amazing Detail Finder" and applied it very minimally using the sliders. It does seem to minimize some of the softening that comes from the scans. The negatives are very sharp.

These are all so good that I hesitated last night put up my modest offering. But here goes:

Image13-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shot with my new Olympus 35 SP rangefinder on Tmax 400.

That SP of yours is shaping up real nice mate….as is your return to TMY2. Love the tonal range….you even got a digital shooter 'thinkin' (y)….nothing like film for B&W period!

Sadness comes through so well, poor trees we just lop and chop them and they just keep on keeping on :(

Back