Salgado-Genesis exhibition in London & LA

serhan

Hall of Famer
In the Beginnings: Sebastiao Salgado's Genesis - LightBox
Sebastião Salgado is a Brazilian documentary photographer living in Paris. He has produced several books, and his work has been exhibited extensively around the world. His latest work, Genesis, premieres at The Natural History Museum in London on April 11, on view through Sept. 8, 2013. The exhibition will have its North American premier at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from May 1 through Sept 2.

Salgado exhibition in London:
The genesis of Salgado @ quesabesde

Some of his images from these links:

Salgado_Genesis_1.jpg

Salgado_Genesis_2.jpg

Genesis-By-Sebastiao-Salgado-04.jpg

nenets-siberia-salgado-001.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

09-7-19865.jpg

09-7-10491.jpg

09-7-16348.jpg

10-4-493.jpg

His video interview and more info about the exhibition in London:
Sebastiao Salgado: Genesis | Natural History Museum

Sebastiao Salgado: Genesis review | Art and design | The Observer

It looks like there is one exhibition in LA also:
Sebastiao Salgado: Genesis | The Camera Forum

When I google it, I found these excellent B&W shots:
salgado genesis - Google Search

I had the chance to attend to the LA exhibit but i was flying back to NZ that day so i didnt go. (Yes i know), about a week i received the physical book, Genesis. Theres no words to describe how S T U N N I N G the book and images are. simply a must. If you like documentary-travel photography.

thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the heads-up. He has a true eye for composition lines. Amazing. Some photos are a bit too dynamic for my taste but especially the elephant and eskimo shot are spectacular.
Too bad the exhibition runs until 8 sept. I will be in London 2weeks later.

I know I'm against the tide here, but I have never been able to raise any enthusiasm for his work; I waver between a sort of attentive disinterest and feeling it's all a bit jarring.

but then chacun à son goût

Back