Samsung Camera/Phone

Discussion in 'Other < 1" Sensor Cameras' started by kyteflyer, Aug 29, 2012.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
  2. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Hmm indeed...

"Although we understand that the camera does not have cellular voice capabilities, it will be compatible with various VoiP apps, such as Skype, which will enable it to be used for making voice and video calls over 3G/4G or WiFi. Photographic features include a 21X zoom lens, spanning 23-481mm (equivalent) and a built-in 'Photo Wizard' for editing photographs in-camera."

3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I don't really think its my cup of tea :)

4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    well, that seems better than the nikon thing announced recently, which IIRC had no way of communicating through voice... but still, how hard can it be to include a phone in these things?!?? 21x zoom is pretty neat though, wonder how it'll perform

5. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Maybe a phone version will pop up come photokina

6. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    interesting but somehow I do not see this camera as beating the Nokia
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/colette_noir/7869775616/" title="Red and Green by colette_noir, on Flickr"> 7869775616_4426131241_b. "1024" height="577" alt="Red and Green"></a>
    i posted this earlier to little note, so I thought it worth re-posting here to make a point
    :)

7. flikmy

flikmy New to SC

Feb 13, 2011
    It possibly won't beat the Nokia, but I'm hoping its a step in the direction of a Sony RX100 merged with Samsung Galaxy S3.
    Probably a matter of time.